Microplastic Purge Ltd. - our example company

Last update: 05.2024
About the Company
Microplastic Purge Ltd. builds & produces micro-plastics filtration sites, that are placed into the ocean to collect small particle-size plastic waste. Out of the waste collected 20% are recyclable to pellets that are sold to diverse industry segments, replacing the use of "fresh" oil for plastic production. The other 80% will be thermally used in e-power plants, replacing the use of fossil fuel for power generation.
Founded
01.2022
Type
For-Profit Company
Industry
Environmental Services
Number of Employees
11-50
Headquarter
Impact activity regions
WORLD C_EU
Investment stage
Series A
Open for invest
Our Goal
Amount of plastic recycled
SDG logo
Last update
Scale / Period
Goal (12.2026)
Actual (05.2024)
Description of impact
metr.tonnes (t) / cumulated
3000
600
20% of the micro-plastics we collect are recycled into pellets which are sold to manufacturers of plastic-based packagings. This in turn substitutes the use of new plastic made out of "fresh" fossil oil.
Scale / Period
metr.tonnes (t) / cumulated
Goal (12.2026)
3000
Actual (05.2024)
600
Description of impact
20% of the micro-plastics we collect are recycled into pellets which are sold to manufacturers of plastic-based packagings. This in turn substitutes the use of new plastic made out of "fresh" fossil oil.
06.2021
Scale / Period
Goal (01.2024)
Actual (12.2022)
Description of impact
metr.tonnes (t) / cumulated
7500
1500
We use the recycled plastic to create new articles.
Scale / Period
metr.tonnes (t) / cumulated
Goal (01.2024)
7500
Actual (12.2022)
1500
Description of impact
We use the recycled plastic to create new articles.
Show History
Close History
Primary KPI
Microplastic Filtration Capacity
SDG logo
Last update
Scale / Period
Goal (12.2026)
Actual (05.2023)
Description of impact
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
15000
3000
Microplastic Purge Ltd. builds & produces micro-plastics filtration sites, that are placed into the ocean to collect small particle-size plastic waste. This output contributes later to more biodiversity and better health by lowering the plastic pollution of our ocean-based food chains.
Scale / Period
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
Goal (12.2026)
15000
Actual (05.2023)
3000
Description of impact
Microplastic Purge Ltd. builds & produces micro-plastics filtration sites, that are placed into the ocean to collect small particle-size plastic waste. This output contributes later to more biodiversity and better health by lowering the plastic pollution of our ocean-based food chains.
04.2021
Scale / Period
Goal (01.2025)
Actual (05.2023)
Description of impact
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
15000
6000
In order to fish the plastic out of the sea gently and not harm any living creatures in the process, we have developed special nets that have no sharp edges.
Scale / Period
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
Goal (01.2025)
15000
Actual (05.2023)
6000
Description of impact
In order to fish the plastic out of the sea gently and not harm any living creatures in the process, we have developed special nets that have no sharp edges.
04.2021
Scale / Period
Goal (01.2024)
Actual (12.2022)
Description of impact
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
15000
3000
In order to fish the plastic out of the sea gently and not harm any living creatures in the process, we have developed special nets that have no sharp edges.
Scale / Period
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
Goal (01.2024)
15000
Actual (12.2022)
3000
Description of impact
In order to fish the plastic out of the sea gently and not harm any living creatures in the process, we have developed special nets that have no sharp edges.
Show History
Close History
Our footprint
Primary KPI
CO² usage
SDG logo
Last update
Scale / Period
Goal (12.2026)
Actual (05.2024)
Description of footprint
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
1500
300
The footprint contains the amount of GHG (CO2) for production & operation of the filtration sites, as well as the CO2 emitted by using the unrecyclable parts of the plastic waste for burning it in e-power plants. The latter take into account that here waste is burned instead of "fresh" fossil fuel.
Scale / Period
metr.tonnes (t) / per year
Goal (12.2026)
1500
Actual (05.2024)
300
Description of footprint
The footprint contains the amount of GHG (CO2) for production & operation of the filtration sites, as well as the CO2 emitted by using the unrecyclable parts of the plastic waste for burning it in e-power plants. The latter take into account that here waste is burned instead of "fresh" fossil fuel.
Impact Certificates
05.2024
certificate_types.certification_imvc